Xfinity is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation and the trade name of cable communications by Comcast. Recently, there were some reports regarding Xfinity outages in some regions, but is Xfinity down for real?
As of now, Xfinity is not facing any issues. However, if you face any outage issues in the future, we have you covered.
In this article, we have answered all of your questions regarding this matter, along with some tips in case of any future outages.
So, let’s take a quick look at the details without any delay!
Is Xfinity Down At The Moment?
As per the user reports that DownDetector by Ookla is showing, Xfinity by Comcast is working fine at the moment, and there is no current problem with it.
You check this report by Downdetector by Ookla by clicking here – Xfinity by Comcast Outage Report of Last 24 Hours.
Most of the issues were faced with Landline Internet and mobile Signal, with 44% and 16% reports being filed, along with 40% reports of a Total Blackout.
Why Xfinity Might Be Down?
When an Xfinity outage happens, it doesn’t always mean the problem is with your wirings or connections. Sometimes the issue occurs on the service center’s side, which leads ro a service outage in your locality.
Some of their issues primarily include the following scenarios:
- A problem with the Internet Infrastructure of Comcast.
- Overload on the network. It mainly happens with Wi-Fi connections in crowded areas.
- Connection to a bad quality Xfinity Wifi Hotspot.
Tips In Case Xfinity Goes Down In the Future
Here I have ruled out a few tips to use in case of any Xfinity Outage in the future. Let’s take a look:
- If your Xfinity is down due to a power outage, you must wait until your local utility service provider restores the power.
- If you can’t access it without internet access, you can connect to Xfinity WiFi Hotspots by finding one in range and signing into an xfinitywifi network.
- If you desire to contact the service center if you suspect an outage, you can sign up at the Service Status Center.
- Keep your Wifi Network adapters in check and update them if they cause too much trouble.
So, is Xfinity Down? No, it’s not down, and it’s not facing any problems currently. However, there were a few reports of a total outage in a few regions.
Xfinity is a cable connection by Comcast. It can face issues from time to time due to weather conditions or technical issues from the service center’s end.
We recommend waiting until the issue gets solved or following the tips above.
After an outage, you might have to reboot the modem, Tv Box, or router and plug it in by removing again to make it work after an outage. However, the issue is still unsolved; try contacting the service center.
If your area is outside of the service area, which is out of 300 feet range, then Xfinity will not work.
You can reboot an Xfinity internet by unplugging the wireless gateway and plugging it in back after 10 seconds.