Monitors are quite versatile, with their utility extending from gaming to movie streaming. Investing in a Monitor with good display quality, audio output, and a faster refresh rate is wise. However, finding the best monitor for watching movies is a tricky task.
To help you in your quest, I have compiled the best monitors for watching movies in 2023. They are currently the most high-rated monitors with proven efficiency.
Best Monitor For Watching Movies- Top 11 Multimedia Displays
Nowadays, no one has got much patience for TV advertisements, right? So, it is relevant to switch to a compatible Monitor. Here, you can find the best monitor for watching movies for yourself, along with the ranking and price. Compare wisely!
|3.||Dell Ultrasharp U2415||24-inches||$302.00|
|9.||Acer Predator XB283K||28-inches||$549.99|
|10.||Samsung Odyssey G7||32-inches||$599.99|
Now, let’s walk through each Monitor as I give you an overview of the top 11 best monitors for watching movies. I have also added the pros and cons for each Monitor to help you with your assessment. However, we have a likely winner as well!
1.LG 27UK650-W ($399.99)
The LG 27UK650-W is an Ultrafine Monitor for watching movies because of its impressive features. It boasts a 27-inch standard screen for a great streaming view. The 4K UHD resolution of 3840×2160 adds to its visual quality.
In addition, you can enjoy movies at your convenience without any color distortion, thanks to its exceptional IPS display technology. It is compatible with HDR-10 which exceeds the capabilities of other monitors.
- Multitasking Screen with higher 4K resolution
- Wide Viewing angle
- AMD FreeSync is available
- Lower refresh limit of 60 Hz
- Space Constraints
- Inefficient HDR Performance
2. BenQ EL2870U ($299.99)
BenQ EL2870U is a gaming monitor but is equally competent in the entertainment niche. With its HDR and Brightness Intelligent Plus Technology, it revives the cinematic feel of any movie.
It has an LCD Screen with a resolution of 3840×2160, designed with flicker-free technology. So, you don’t have to worry about the extended movie sessions; your eye strain will be looked after.
- FreeSync Support with Low Input Lag
- Comes with a 3-year warranty
- All-purpose Monitor specifically designed for Gaming
- Unsupportive HDR
- Average Color Performance
- Substandard Built-in speakers
3. Dell Ultrasharp U2415 ($302.00)
Dell Ultrasharp U2415 comes equipped with an Ultra-thin bezel which enables an easy setup in case of multi-monitor usage. Thus, if you are thinking of clubbing monitors together, you know what to go for.
You also get an On-screen adjustment (OSD) menu for screen optimization. However, its display quality is what makes it among the top. It has an LCD Screen with 1920×1200 resolution, LED backlight, and also a thin-film Transistor(TFT).
- Upgraded Stand with 3-axis Rotation
- Exceptional Picture Quality
- High Current USB 3.0 Charging
- Monitor needs calibration for Performance
- Mediocre Contrast Ratio
- Not suitable for Dark Lighting
4. ASUS VS248H-P ($193.95)
ASUS is one brand that is known for its lightweight and effortlessly designed products. The ASUS VS248H-P comes from a similar line-up that ensures an optimized HDMI interface and the finest image quality.
With a refresh rate of 60 Hz, it offers sharp and smooth visuals without motion blur. Besides, the Adaptive-Sync technology eliminates screen tearing. This optimizes the overall image quality for you.
- Faster Response Time
- Seamless Design and Built Quality
- Availability of Multiple Input Options
- HDR Support is missing
- Wobble Stand Issues
- Restricted Refresh rate
5. Philips 246E9QDSB ($179.99)
The Philips 246E9QDSB offers a Full-HD Display with Ultra-wide color technology, guaranteeing clear and smooth visuals. Notably, its IPS LED technology provides color accuracy which makes it particularly suitable for watching movies.
In addition, the monitor’s display is built alongside ultra-narrow borders, which allow for a satisfying movie experience with minimum distractions. The resolution of 1920×1080 is also apt for your streaming choices.
- Pre-calibrated sRGB Mode is available
- Only 8ms of Input Lag
- IPS Panel with wide view angle and high color reproduction
- FreeSync Range is narrow
- Limited adjustability Base
- Not compatible with 100×100mm VESA Mounting
6. Viotek SUW49DA ($979.99)
Viotek SUW49DA is a mammoth-sized curved monitor that is incredibly packed with plenty of connectivity choices. It boasts an 1800R curvature with a monitor ratio of 32:9, which provides a super ultra-wide view for watching movies.
Also, SUW49DA is upgraded with a dual QHD display and a resolution of 5120×1440, which delivers phenomenal color reproduction. So, expect inky Blacks, dazzling whites, and Vibrant RGBs from it.
- Ultrawide View with Excellent Contrast
- Convenience of Remote control
- Built-in Stereo speakers
- Built-in USB Hub is not available
- HDR appears identical to SDR
- Default Gamma isn’t impressive
7. Samsung SR35 ($154.99)
Samsung SR35 showcases a 3-sized bezel-less screen that provides the maximum viewing experience to you. Also, its Y-shaped stand makes it perfect for a dual monitor set-up.
It features a full HD 1920×1080 resolution accompanied by a 16:9 aspect ratio, presenting a wide viewing angle. You can connect multiple devices to it via HDMI Input and D-Sub ports for complete flexibility.
- Great Screen with HDMI connection
- Flicker Free technology with Eye saver mode
- Supported FreeSync with a 75 Hz refresh rate
- No Built-in speakers
- Average Display Quality
- Built-design is a bit clumsy
8. AUZAI ($330.00)
AUZAI monitor offers an ultra-immersive vision for movie enthusiasts. Having a crisp resolution of 1080p and 16:9 aspect ratio, it is made to deliver a seamless experience for gaming fanatics as well. So, it is the best dual-purpose monitor for watching movies and playing games.
The monitor has an adaptable IPS Panel for better color reproduction and accuracy to match your expectations. Although AUZAI is not a much-demanded brand, its features are all worth your money.
- 165 Hz refresh rate
- A wide array of ports is available
- Incredible Design supported with LED Backlight
- Average Screen Resolution
- Anti-glare Distortion
- The Stand is a bit Wobbly
9. Acer Predator XB283K ($549.99)
Acer Predator XB283K is designed with an Agile-Splendor Display equipped with Fast Liquid Crystal technology. It eliminates the issue of screen tearing with its AMD Radeon FreeSync Premium. This allows for a better streaming experience.
In addition, you get a resolution of 3840×2160 with an LED Backlight to set the cinematic ambiance. The Screen is eye-safe as well, so you can effortlessly extend your streaming hours.
- Wide color gamut featuring an sRGB mode
- FreeSync is available
- HDMI 2.1 and USB-C Connectivity
- Average Contrast Ratio
- Peak Brightness is only 400 nits
- Inefficient IPS Panel Technology
10. Samsung Odyssey G7 ($599.99)
Samsung Odyssey G7 is another monitor from the Samsung line-up that fills up your peripheral vision with a screen resolution of 2560×1440. It comes with a 1000R Curved display that binds you to the vivid scenes.
It has a refresh rate of 240 Hz that streamlines the visuals with more precision and quality. Also, the HDR 600 sharpens the visual details even in the darkest scenes.
- The superb Refresh rate of 240 Hz
- Wide color gamut with a great display quality
- Incredible Gradient handling
- 1000R Curvature is not much demanded
- Limited Tilt Range of the Stand
- Sync Support can be better
11. Lepow Monitor ($159.99)
Lepow Monitor comes in handy with a screen size of 15.6 inches. For movie maniacs, a portable monitor fulfills all the requirements with a resolution of 1920×1080.
The Monitor is compatible with Phones, PCs, XBOX ONE, and Nintendo Switch. Also, you can fold your Monitor into different positions and enjoy a hassle-free streaming experience.
- A well-designed Portable Monitor
- Handy Controls and OSD Menu
- USB-C and mini-HDMI Connectivity
- Average Display Quality
- Portrait Orientation isn’t available
- Audio Quality is not great
- Best Laptops For Watching Movies
- Best VR Headset For Watching Movies
- Best Tablets for Watching Movies & TV Shows
Summing Up- What is the best Monitor for watching movies in 2023?
As of 2023, the LG 27UK650-W is the best monitor for watching movies at a reasonable price of $399.99.
It is a clear winner, with the most incredible features like 4K UHD resolution, IPS Display technology, and HDR 10 Support. So, if you were under the impression that LG was an Old-School thing, it is still going strong in the Monitors’ realm.
With spectacular color reproduction and high contrast ratio, 4K monitors are the best for watching movies. Also, they come with higher resolution and better image quality.
For a rational buyer, it is important to consider both the price and size. So, a 27-inch monitor fits your desk as well as your pocket and is good for watching movies.
A Monitor and TV are quite similar when it comes to movies. However, Monitors have a faster response time, which is desirable for a hassle-free streaming experience. So, in that case, a monitor is better for movies.